Tuesday 5 March 2013

Bunny Slopes

























Those nice people at Highlights High Five magazine over in the States asked me to do another cover for them for their February edition. This is it. Kelley the art director thought it really strange that we in Europe call the gentle ski slopes for beginners 'nursery slopes'. I think I find the term 'bunny slopes' a tad odder. Pity about the big white area bottom right. In the layout I was given there was supposed to be a large magnifying glass in the white space which has mysteriously disappeared from the final design. Probably some sort of last minute editorial dilemma to blame. That's usually the way things happen. Anyway, not to worry. It's got me in the mood for my own skiing trip, coming up in a couple of weeks time. And no, I don't need the bunny slopes these days.

1 comment:

  1. Love the characters Mike - a great cover and interesting colour too! The white doesn't bother me - as I see it here, it's just more snow.
    I do an occasional series for Kelley at High 5 too - pity I've not got anything in this issue so I won't get a copy of your cover :-(
    Happy skiing!

    ReplyDelete